The following wonderfully healthy recipe comes from Angies Recipes a food blog based in Germany its a great way to start of the new year :-)
- 50 g Plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp Walnut oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2/3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Orange peel, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 head Belgian endive
- 2 Oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 Avocado, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 10 Black olives, cut into rings
- 5 Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Small red onion, cut into thin strips
- Whisk together plain yogurt, walnut oil, mustard, honey, and red wine vinegar until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready for use.
- Cut the ends off endives, separating leaves.
- Arrange Belgian endive, orange sections and avocado slices in a serving bowl. Scatter with the olive rings, grape tomato halves, and onion strips. Drizzle the dressing over and serve with some bread.