Here at the The Orange Shop we truly care about the environment and stay up to date with the latest technology to use state of the art watering and fertilising systems to conserve water and tailor the requirements to the trees. To ensure healthy groves and wonderful citrus fruits year after year for future generations.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
The following recipe comes from Chow and Chatter:
- melt the butter and keep it to one side
- whip the eggs with sugar and salt then slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder, lemon and vanilla essence and orange juice .
- Mix until smooth then add the melted butter, cocoa and honey and leave to chill for 30 minutes or longer
- bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Our orange groves not only produce wonderful oranges, grapefruits and clementines but honey. Bee's love the small white orange blossoms and happily drink its nectar in the spring to produce orange blossom honey. The honey is described as sweet with hints of citrus . Florida has large acres of forest and citrus groves a warm climate and provides a great environment for bees to make one of the best honeys in the World.
- make marinades with the honey for meats
- use to make homemade granola
- drizzle over warm toast
- drizzle over panna cotta
- also great over warm biscuits, waffles and pancakes
- use to make ice-cream
- add to hot tea
- bake with it as a natural sweetner.